• School History

    Original School

    Saints Peter and Paul Catholic School was founded by the Dominican Sisters in 1928 as a Catholic elementary school serving Grades 1-8. The original school was located on the corner of Highway 14 and First Street. In 1960, the school moved to 22 acres in the 400 block of First Street. The new building consisted of 8 classrooms with a lunchroom and a gym, the latter also being used as a church. The current church was completed in 1970, followed by a new rectory in 1983 and an addition to the church in 1995. Through the generosity of a number of benefactors, a multi-million dollar addition to the school was opened in August of 2002, more than doubling the size and adding 2 state of the art technology labs, music, band, art rooms, science, STEM labs, and a large library. Currently SSPP has an enrollment of 280 students coming from many communities, including Cary, Oakwood Hills, Trout Valley, Fox River Grove, Lake in the Hills, Crystal Lake, Algonquin, Island Lake, Wauconda, Prairie Grove, and McHenry.